Michael Rosko Wins the Robert A. Osteryoung Award for Research.

Michael's excellent work on Cu(I) and his recent graduation with a Ph.D. in chemistry are well deserved given both the quantity and quality of research he has been a part of during his time in the Castellano Group.

Mike was recently recognized for the quality and volume of research he has produced over his time in the Castellano Group. Over the course of his Ph.D., he has worked extensively on projects focusing on the elucidation and manipulation of the photophysical properties of homoleptic and heteroleptic Cu(I) complexes. His accomplishments in lab allow him to claim the Cu(I) HETPHEN complex with the longest excited state lifetime ever reported, the Cu(I) homoleptic complex with the longest lifetime ever reported, and a library of novel ligands whose syntheses were newly reported. Michael has 4 first author publications to his name and many other publications to which he contributed.

Mike recently graduated with his Ph.D. in chemistry and is continuing his research as a postdoctoral scholar in the Castellano Group.